Haora India History

When I claimed a few years ago that Calcutta was dying, I could no longer bear it. You may also like it: India's former president, Abdul Kalam, also described Belur Math as a place of cultural heritage and national importance.

Opened in 1943, this magnificent building on the Hooghly River is perhaps the most famous landmark in Calcutta and a fine example of architectural brilliance. Currently it is officially called the Indian Botanical Garden of Howrah, but is commonly known in India and abroad as the Calcutta Botanical Garden. What makes it one of the most important historical sites of K Bengaluru is its immaculate architecture, which represents the Indo-Gothic style. The building was inhabited by the Curzon family, most of whom are known for their love of botanical gardens.

In a treaty confirmed by the Imperial Sanad of October 11, 1760, Mir Kasim assigned the districts of Burdwan, Midnapore and Chittagang to the East India Company. It is mentioned in a petition sent to his grandson Aurangzeb (Farrukhsiyar) in 1713 after the latter acceded to the throne in Delhi.

Howrah had a huge impact on the economy of West Bengal, as many factories were built here. Today Howrah is better known as a technical centre, and Shibpur owes its greatest origins to the former Bengal College of Engineers, whose history dates back to the 19th century, when industry practically did not exist in the sense of what we understand today. The jute industry declined after the large production area was handed over to East Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The building, built in 1777, served as a writing office for the East India Company and was under its control until the end of the 19th century.

The Hooghly District was founded in 1787 by the East India Company and the entire present-day Howrah District was born out of it. The present station building is completed in 2006 after a glorious 100 years and is the oldest station in the entire state of West Bengal, India. In the 18th century it was expanded and connected the city of Calcutta with the rest of India and also with other parts of East India, such as Bengaluru.

National Road 2 (NH-2), which connects Calcutta with New Delhi, is embedded in the national Golden Quadrangle, which connects the city of Calcutta with other parts of East India such as Bengaluru and Hyderabad. The station serves all urban areas of K Bengal, as well as rural areas of West Bengal State and the country.

The railway bridge played an important role in the history of the railway, as it crossed the Hooghly River for the first time and reached Calcutta at the terminus of Sealdah. The first train to cross the bridge was called the Jagmal Raja Howrah Express by the British to pay tribute to the achievements of Rai Bahadur Jag RajA. Bengal Nagpur Railway ran from Howrah on the Great Indian Peninsula Railway, which continued to Bombay.

By 1880, 58 spinning mills and textile factories had been built in India, covering about 2,000 hectares of land in Howrah and Sealdah, and about 1,500 hectares in Calcutta and Bengal Nagpur.

The tram was used by the Kalutta police on 18 November 1907 for the first time in the history of the city in the context of a general strike of the railway workers in Asansol, Bengal. On 17 November 1908, a strike against the Asanol railwaymen in Bengal began, which began with a stoppage. In total, there were about 119 large-scale industrial strikes in India in the 1880s and 1890s, of which more than 100,000 were workers "struggles against working conditions. The first political strike of the Indian proletariat took place on July 13, 1909, when workers from the Greek cotton factory in Bombay stopped work to protest against their employer, the Bombay Municipal Corporation.

Although the tram is now considered one of the unique icons of Calcutta, it was dismissed by colonial revolutionaries as a "British import."

In August 1969, however, the monument was renamed Shaheed Minar (Martyr Monument). A book titled "Living Building: A History of the Howrah Station Centenary" is being published The saga of Howrah "has been published.

The plant, inaugurated in April 2006, highlighted the achievements of India's railways operating in the east of the country. It witnessed the opening of a new station in Howrah, the first of its kind in India and the only one in West Bengal.

The East India Railway ran from Howrah to the outskirts of Delhi in the north and from there on to Kolkata on the East-West Railway.

If you want to know something about the development of the railways in East India, the Railway Museum is worth a visit. If you have noticed prominent historical sites in the city and are planning a trip to Calcutta, the museum should be on your itinerary. Today, many people do not know that the tram originated in a tram station in Howrah, a small town on the outskirts of Delhi. There were no trams in this area until the construction of the East-West Railway in 1868.

More About Haora

More About Haora